Monday, February 9, 2009

Short Update

So I have to have 2 teeth pulled/get a bridge to replace them and get new glasses (the eyestrain is becoming obnoxious) and I'm hoping to have all this done before hyper-inflation sets in. I probably won't get the teeth done until after the Combat Field Medicine Emergency Training Class I'm taking is completed in March but the glasses are a must have now, as is the hands on training. This opportunity fits in nicely with my Shiatsu, a lifetime interest in herbs for healing and CPR/First Aide over the years. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I'll have occasion to use most of the knowledge but good fortune for whomever may need it !

I had the chance to discover this past weekend, my grief work is complete and I experienced complete joy instead, when confronted with the subjects of my grief. So I'm celebrating by musing on the purity of joy :-) It's satisfying to know I'll have my best capacity to offer when/if my skills are necessary.

On the crisis, well, I think I've posted or have links posted that address anything, anybody interested could need for study of surviving the coming times so I won't belabor that point. The signs are there for those that see. Other than that, all I'll say, is: we all have to keep vigil, in the attempt we don't overly 'contract', when things get tough, but attempt to keep a spirit of sharing, to the best of our ability amid our personal circumstances and resources. This will be a very real issue and the temptation great to find a hole and crawl into it when the climate of social need requires we all share what we can.

I got this in my email today from a friend; she forwarded it from one of the biggest haters I know that she received it from. Paradox here somewhere ? Yes: it never hurts to evaluate how much of an inspirational piece applies to us :-).....................off to contemplate on this myself:

Hater/ By Maya Angelou

A hater is someone who is jealous and envious and spends all their
time trying to make you look small so they can look tall.
They are very negative people to say the least. Nothing is ever
good enough!

When you make your mark, you will always attract some haters...

That's why you have to be careful with whom you share your
blessings and your dreams, because some folk can't handle seeing
you blessed...


It's dangerous to be like somebody else... If God wanted you to be
like somebody else, He would have given you what He gave them! Right?

You never know what people have gone through to get what they
have...

The problem I have with haters is that they see my glory, but they
don't know my story...

If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, you
can rest assured that the water bill is higher there too!

We've all got some haters among us!

Some people envy you because you can:
a) Have a relationship with God
b) Light up a room when you walk in
c) Start your own business
d) Tell a man / woman to hit the curb

(if he / she isn't about the right thing)

e) Raise your children without both parents being
in the home

Haters can't stand to see you happy.
Haters will never want to see you succeed.

Most of our haters are people who are supposed to be
on our side.

How do you handle your undercover haters?
You can handle these haters by:

1. Knowing who you are & who your true friends are
*(VERY IMPORTANT!!)

2. Having a purpose to your life: Purpose does not
mean having a job. You can have a job and still be
unfulfilled.

A purpose is having a clear sense of what God has called you to be.
Your purpose is not defined by what others think about you.

3. By remembering what you have is by divine

prerogative and not human manipulation.

Fulfill your dreams! You only have one life to live...when its your
time to leave this earth, you 'want' to be able to say, 'I've lived my
life and fulfilled 'my' dreams,... Now I'm ready to go HOME!

When God gives you favor, you can tell your haters, 'Don't look at
me...Look at Who is in charge of me...' ...................End of Poem


I love you all, wish for you the best of everything and the strength to endure. I'll continue to post for as long as I can. Be well and stay safe. Peace !

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for reposting that email as I certainly needed it right about now. You are close to the medical training class, two weeks right? So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed at the timing of things just when I need them, too :-)...........Counting down now and beginning to plan the packing; I'm excited !

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome !